Programme, Project and Event Award
All the excess income over expenditure generated at the EJC 2014 will be invested in the development and promotion of circus.
- Background and objectives
In 2014 the European Juggling Convention (EJC) was held in Millstreet, Co. Cork in Ireland. The EJC is one of the world’s largest annual circus events. All the excess income over expenditure generated at the EJC 2014 will be invested in the development and promotion of circus. To facilitate this the team that organised the EJC 2014 have decided to open up an application process for investing these funds in the following areas:
- To develop and promote circus and juggling arts as an innovative form of artistic expression in Ireland and/or Irish circus internationally
- To create fora where people of all ages and skill levels can develop, learn and share circus and juggling arts
- To provide opportunities for the ongoing development and training of circus and juggling arts performers, hobbyists and tutors
- To forge national and international links between Irish and international performers and arts providers
Note: The committee reserve the right to change the guidelines without notice. Any changes will be promoted on the website.
- Deadline for submission
There are two deadlines: April 31st and October 31st. Decisions will be made within 1 calendar month of the application deadline and communicated to you within 45 days of the deadline. Applications can be submitted throughout the year, though will only be assessed at the following deadline. Applications must be made only via the forms on the EJC2014 website at www.ejc2014.org
Application rounds will remain open until the surplus has been exhausted, at which point an appropriate announcement will be made. Upon completion of all projects funded, an overall report will be drafted to record the legacy of EJC2014.
- Who can apply?
The award is open to individuals and organisations involved in promoting circus and juggling arts as an innovative form of artistic expression in Ireland and/or Irish circus internationally.
The Project, Performance or Event that is been applied for must meet one or more of the objectives outlined in section 1 above. Applications to fund existing core and running costs will not be considered. An applicant organisation may make one application for one Project, Performance or Event per funding round.
- How much can I apply for?
The minimum that can be applied for is €500. In the application process you will be asked to outline the income and the expenditure of your PPE. The maximum that you may request is the difference between your income and expenditure.
- What do I do if I have more questions or need help on filling out my application?
- If you are unsuccessful
You will be informed by email if you are unsuccessful. The EJC team reserve the right to make no statement of explanation why a decision was made. The committee decision is final.
You may not apply again with the same project in a subsequent round.
- If you are successful
You will be informed by email if you were successful. This email will provide details of the amount awarded, terms and conditions, and how you can draw down on the funding. You will receive 90% of the funding up front. The remaining 10% will be delivered upon receipt of a satisfactory report of the project undertaken.
You will be required to use the EJC2014 Logo in your print and web-based media, acknowledging our support.
Funding will only be paid to the bank account of the person and/or organisation that was awarded the funding.
The recipient may be required to provide a valid tax clearance certificate before any award is released.